The New Political Communication Unit is located in the Department of Politics and International Relations at Royal Holloway, University of London.
On Foot From Egham
The College is about a mile from Egham Station, approximately 20 minutes walk. Turn right out of the station along Station Road and walk about 100 yards to the T-Junction and the traffic lights. Turn left at the junction and follow the road up to the large roundabout; go left up Egham Hill. The main College entrance is on the left immediately after the second footbridge.
Royal Holloway is on the A30, 19 miles from central London and about a mile south-west of the town of Egham. It is two miles from Junction 13 of the M25 (London Orbital).
Directions from the M25
1. After leaving the M25, follow the A30 west (signposted Bagshot and Camberley); this is the Egham by-pass.
2. At the end of the Egham by-pass, continue on the A30 up Egham Hill (a petrol station is on your left).
3. The main College entrance is on the left immediately after the second footbridge.
Directions from the west
1. From the west leave the M3 at Junction 3 north and follow the A30 towards Staines and London.
2. Continue on the A30 past Wentworth Golf Course on your right and Virginia Water Lake on your left. Go straight through the first major set of traffic lights and you will see the Founder’s Building and the main College campus on the right.
There are frequent services from London Waterloo to Egham (40 minutes); Woking to Egham (35 minutes, change at Weybridge) and Reading to Egham (40 minutes). Services at weekends, especially those on Sunday, are less frequent than on weekdays. Train links to the rest of the counrty are available via the London stations or Reading. Eurostar services to mainland Europe also operate in and out of London. For local train timetables, visit http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk.
The following buses stop outside the College: Abellio Surrey 441 (Heathrow to Englefield Green), First 71 (Heathrow). There is also a College bus service, which runs between Egham railway station and the campus. The College bus, like the taxis, leaves from the main car park adjacent to the station. For more details, visit https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/ecampus/campuslife/gettingaround.aspx.
There is a taxi rank at Egham station in the main car park. Otherwise, turn right out of the station onto Station Road and there is a taxi office on the left, next to the Build Center. The fare is about £7. Some local taxi firms include Egham Cars (01784 434484), Gemini Cars (01784 471111), and Holloway Taxis (01784 818385).
Heathrow airport is about seven miles from the College and the journey is quickest by taxi. Taxis are available at the airport, but you should check the fare in advance; it is cheaper to telephone one of the local taxi services. Alternatively, take bus number 441 from Heathrow Central Bus Station to the College. From Gatwick airport, take the bus to Heathrow and follow the procedure above, or telephone for a taxi.